You are currenlty here: Home
/ Distance Education / Rules & Formats / Results & Certification
Except the cases where the student have written a roll wrong no., paper id or answer sheet no. or have wrongly filled the OMR or have not shaded the ovals in the OMR, the result has tabulated within 45 days of the last examination and have published on this website.
The University issues Detail mark Card in the next 30 days only to students who have passed in all internal and external subjects in the particular semester. Re-appear candidates are not issued the Detail mark cards till they clear all subjects in the subsequent examinations.
Request for re-totaling may be allowed only within 21 days of declaration of result on submission of a fee of Rs. 200 (Two hundred only) through DD in favor of Registrar, Punjab Technical University payable at Jalandhar. On receipt of an application, the answer sheet of the concerned student will be verified by checking the following:
- If the answer sheet has all the required entries correctly marked including the roll no., name and course of the candidate in question.
- If all answers are evaluated and marks tabulated correctly.
- If the totaling of marks is correct.
The result of re-totaling has to be verified by the "Controller of Examinations (DDE)" and result be declared within 15 days of submission of the request and requisite fee.
If any discrepancy is found in the answer sheet, the result shall be revised accordingly and the marks obtained subsequent to re-totaling shall be final. The fee shall be refunded to the candidate, if any discrepancy is discovered in totaling of marks on the answer sheet.
A student can apply for challenge evaluation subsequent to and within 15 days of declaration of result of re-totaling on payment of Rs. 1000 (One thousand only) through DD in favor of Registrar, Punjab Technical University, payable at Jalandhar. The student seeking challenge evaluation may nominate a faculty of its LC /RC under whose presence the evaluation shall be carried out.
On receipt of the application for challenge evaluation, the University shall perform the following:
- Completely mask the marks obtained by the student in its original evaluation.
- The DEAN concerned shall appoint a faculty expert in the subject for evaluating the answer sheet.
- On the specified date, the faculty expert nominated by the DEAN shall evaluate the answer sheet again, in presence of the DEAN / representative of the DEAN and the faculty nominated by the student. The faculty nominated by the student shall only be a non-participating observer in the said process. The expert concerned may, at his / her discretion, ask clarification, if he / she so desires.
On completion of the process, the University shall do the tabulation of marks and the revised marks so obtained shall be announced provided the revised marks vary more than 10% of the total marks (rounded off to higher whole number).
The marks obtained in challenge evaluation cannot be challenged and it shall be final and binding on all concerned. The revised gazette shall be declared within 30 days of receiving the application for challenge evaluation with requisite fee.
If the revised marks so announced are more than the marks obtained earlier, the fee shall be refunded to the concerned students.